Replacement of bleachers, modernization of existing concrete bermed bleachers and synthetic track. New slope terrace walls, and field lighting
Replacement of home and visitor bleacher, new synthetic track and scoreboard
In 2016 SCArchitect, Inc. was contracted by the General Shafter School District with the need for a permanent Multi-Use Building. During the Pre-Design phase it was discovered that the existing Cafeteria and Administration Modular Buildings had never been certified by the Division of the State Architect. After further investigation it was determined that the existing cafeteria building would need to be removed in order to make room for the new Multi-Purpose.
Continuing with a campus Master Plan, the demolition of the existing Administration Office and construction of a new Student Services Center has been a need for some time. Currently student services are spread thoughout the campus. The new Student Services Center will consolidate these services and create added campus security. The building is designed in keeping with the architectural style of the campus and the Renaissance Revival style Auditorium constructed in 1928 and other buildings.
Both home a visitor bleachers were replaced. The stadium received new stadium and pedestrian lighting, sound system, restrooms. The main gate was also renovated to provide an accessible entrance and improve security.
The cafeteria went through a complete remodel. The entire kitchen, serving lines and preparation areas were redesigned. A portion of the existing building was razed and a new shipping and receiving dock and storage rooms were added.
The project program was to include a Boardroom, Offices for the General Manager, Office Manager, Clerks and General Office. Also, required in the program was a Map Room, Vault, Lounge and Drive-Thru Teller Window. A Main Lobby with a water feature was also a desired feature. The building is a Type V-N construction of wood stud, cement plaster and clay tile roofing. The building is 4,088-sq. ft. with mixed occupancies of A-3 and B. The project site is approximately 4.14 acres and has 20 parking
Five (5) Highland High School Science Classrooms were remodeled to open up the floor area and remove the orginal 1970's island work areas. Lab sinks were relocated to the exterior walls and lecture space was created. Proejct also include ADA upgrades, fire sprinklers, HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
The orignal Maitnencance shop was being utilized buy the school as a wood shop. The district received CTEP funding grant for a Building Trades-Cabinet making shop.
Wasco High School Science Building Modernization include a Seismic Upgrade, enlargement and redesign of the Science Classrooms, Remodel of the Lecture Hall and interior Courtyard
The new 20,000 s.f. cafeteria replaces an undersized cafeteria that had served the campus since the 1940's. The facilities has indoor POS's and out POS's, a culinary arts classroom and the kitchen will be able to outsource it's services to smaller outlying school districts.
With the recent copening of the new cafeteria, the old cafeteria was remodeled and converted to a Library Media Center.